- This event has passed.
Xterra South African Championships
February 23, 2018 - February 25, 2018
Fedhealth XTERRA Grabouw is the biggest XTERRA event in the world, with over 2000 XTERRA Warriors battling it out for the coveted title of South African XTERRA Champion. There are also numerous age group qualification slots up for grabs for the XTERRA World Championship held annually in October in Hawaii.
Over the years, Grabouw has become synonymous with XTERRA. The unforgiving yet extremely beautiful and rewarding terrain provides a fair and awesome challenge to all Warriors. Whether it’s busting a lung on the tough climbs of the MTB leg or sprinting for glory during the run leg on the soft sand of the dam’s beach, Fedhealth XTERRA Grabouw will push you to your limits while invigorating you at the same time. This is an event that has become a true celebration of South Africa’s healthy and active lifestyle. Overseas visitors are always in awe of the culture and atmosphere that Fedhealth XTERRA Grabouw has created.
EVENT WATER USAGE
Initiatives taken by Fedhealth XTERRA to ensure we do not make use of Municipal drinking water from the city grid:
With the severe drought in the Western Cape and strict water restrictions in place we as an event endeavours to stick to the quantity of water allowed per individual per day.
At the Fedhealth XTERRA we aim to be water wise and limit the use and wastage of water at the event and have put the following in place.
Each entrant will have to bring their own water bottles filled with water. No free running water will be available at the venue to fill up water bottles. A hydration pack is recommended for the mountain bike ride and trail run.
Ensure you have water available for yourself post the event. 500ml water will be on sale at the bar.
All refreshment points on route will be stocked with coke and water sourced from an alternative source and not taken from the municipal drinking water.
No showers will be available.
No bike wash will be available.
Being water wise includes:
- The Fedhealth XTERRA Grabouw is hosted outside of the city on privately owned land.
- The limited water at the venue is sourced locally and off the municipal grid
- All our suppliers/ sub-contractors will be briefed about our initiatives and will have to comply with our water policy and strictly adhere to not using municipal drinking water.
- Fedhealth XTERRA makes use of Sale’s Hire as our service provider for portable toilets. All water used in the toilets is grey water and will be disposed of in a responsible manner by the service provider.
- Waterless hand sanitisers will be used in the toilets instead of basins to wash hands.
- We will educate both participants and spectators regarding our initiatives towards saving water.